The Ten Commandments of Travel
1. Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou hast at home, for thou
has left home to find things different.
2. Thou shalt not take anything too seriously, for a relaxed mind is the
start of a good experience.
3. Thou shalt not let thy fellow travelers get on thy nerves, for thou
hast toiled greatly for this noble and deserved adventure.
4. Remember to take half as many clothes as thou thinkest and twice the
5. Know at all times where thy passport is, for a person without a passport
is a person without a country.
6. Remember that if we had been expected to stay in one place we would
have been created with roots.
7. Thou shalt not worry for he/she that worrieth hath no pleasure and
few things are that fatal.
8. When in Rome be prepared to do somewhat as the Romans do, for thou
ist not in thine own house.
9. Thou shalt not judge the people of the country by the person who hath
given thou grief.
10. Remember thou art a guest in other lands and he/she that treats his/her
host with respect shall be honored.
The Center For Cultural Travel, Inc.